Sunday, March 20, 2011

Callahan Wedding Quilt

My lovely sister was married a few weeks ago. The event was a family affair for the Murphy Clan: Ryan officiated the service, I had the privilege of supporting my sister as her matron of honor and Sam provided the comedy in the position of Ring Bearer.

The wedding was beautiful. From the quartet that provided the music as guests were seated to the emotion behind the vows the couple spoke. This will be a day many will remember for a long time.

One thing I appreciated was how much the day reflected the couple we were there to celebrate. Tauna, my sister, did a great job of incorporating her love of music and art. One way she incorporated this was her wedding quilt.

During the reception each guest designed a quilt square. Creativity was encouraged and the guests came through! There is a portrait of the couple, well wishes and many scriptures and prayers.

While the couple enjoyed their honeymoon it was my task to piece the squares together and finish their wedding quilt. I was very happy to complete this for the special couple. What an honor to be able to weave together all of these memories and create something that the couple will cherish throughout their marriage. It was a great feeling to pass the finished product off to the bride, knowing that this piece will contribute to the warmth and love of their home.



Of course, Sam had to get in on the fun and "cheese" for the picture.

Many wishes to the Callahan's and thank you for including us on your special day!

What else I am up to today...
- Visiting Grandma and Grandpa Teague
- Spent 15 minutes with God, through worship and bible study. Something I have been trying to fit in more but keep procrastinating.
- Skim my closet for clothes that I have no intention of wearing again. The struggle here is I have clothes I love, but don't wear. Well, it is time to let somebody else love them.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Elyse! For everything you have done for us. The quilt is absolutely beautiful and so special to me. I am so honored to have you as such a big part of my life. I had tears running down my face as I read what you had to say about our wedding. That day was everything I have ever dreamed it would be. I am so blessed :)

    ReplyDelete