Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sam's Memory Quilt

Sam's Christmas present this year was a quilt made out of his baby clothes. I made it to fit a twin size bed so when he made the move to his big boy bed it would fit nicely. Last night marked the first night in his big boy bed, I am so excited to share my special project!


I got this idea from my good friend, Tristan. She, like me, was tired of saving huge containers of baby clothes but wanted to save the memories. Thanks for the idea Tristan!

Along with his quilt I made Sam a little elephant. The fabric matches the border and backing of his quilt. It was quick and easy and made entirely from scrapes. Gotta love that!

I hope this encourages you to get creative or finish those projects that are taking up closet space!

What else I am doing today...
- Sam has a play date with his friend Izzy
- Making corned beef and cabbage for dinner!
- Working on my Daily Plan

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to post photos of my kiddo's quilts when I actually have the room to finish them. Yours turned out great!

    Thanks for being such a great friend to me and my kids. I enjoy being able to spend time with you guys and bounce ideas off of you :-)

    ReplyDelete