Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Basic Weekly Plan

Once we made the decision to have me stay home I knew that I needed a basic weekly plan, I needed to create routines and I needed to stay motivated. I have been working on these 3 things for the past 2 weeks and feel that I have made some progress.
I have talked before about the power of inertia. Basically, if you are moving you naturally want to keep moving, but if you are not moving you naturally do not want to move. This doesn't only apply in science class, this applies to laziness/productiveness too! Well, the past 2 weeks I have made a habit out of not sitting down, especially when Sam goes to bed or when he is enjoying his screen time in the morning. If I make these critical mistakes my whole day is ruined. Instead of cleaning up or finishing laundry during his nap, I never get around to it. Instead of Sam enjoying 1 episode of Sesame Street he spends the whole morning in front of the TV. In addition to not following our routines, I beat myself up for not using my time wisely or being more engaged with Sam. This results in Ryan coming home to a house that isn't picked up, a cranky wife and a needy baby. To me, it is worth having computer time while standing at the counter or folding/putting away clothes while watching Ellen.
I wanted to share my basic weekly plan and encourage you to make one of your own.

Remember, the goal here is progress not perfection. Most days I do not complete everything on my list, but I refuse to beat myself up. I look at it this way: setting a goal and almost making it is better then not setting a goal and doing nothing.
Each day I have a room to focus on. Basically, if I have a minute or 2 I try to do something to organize this room.
As you can see I "award" myself with stickers when I complete a task. Just because it is fun!

What else I am up to today...
- Laundry
- Matching some socks. (woohoo!!!)
- And of course my "Weekly Plan" tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment