Thursday, September 23, 2010

Life as a Homemaker: Prayerful wife


It is not a secret that I believe in the power of prayer. With that said, I find myself praying for others long before I pray for my husband. I am somewhat ashamed to admit that.
I have a strong, Godly husband that leads our family faithfully. Maybe I think because he is the leader, he does not need my prayers. Maybe I think because he is more regularly in God's presence, he does not need my prayers. Whatever the reason, these are lies put straight into my head by Satan himself.
A prayerful wife is a powerful wife.
In the past couple of weeks I have been making it a habit to pray for Ryan each day. Each time I fall in love with both my heavenly father and Ryan a little more. There is something incredibly sacred that happens when you invite your husband into the intimate conversations you have with God.
I also think it is a great habit to put the needs of your family before those of others. This may seem selfish, but when your family's needs have been cared for you can more fully meet those of others. Praying for your husband and children before praying for the needs of friends, your community or our world is one small way to set this priority in your mind.
To remind me to pray for Ryan each day, I have been using the prayer calendars found at www.inspiredtoaction.com. This website also offers prayer calendars for your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment