Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Life as a Homemaker

To those who know me it is no secret that I love being a wife and mother. I am very passionate about these roles and they come before any other priority in my life.
To sum up this passion I like to say I enjoy being a homemaker. Yes, I work full-time outside of the home. Many people think of homemakers as stay at home mom's (SAHM), and many times they are. In addition to this group I think that working mom's who take care of the house and take great pride in making the house a home are also homemakers.
Creating a peaceful, loving and heavenly environment for my husband and son is my number one goal. Often times I feel like I can't talk about this passion because I don't know how to accept the comments humbly and without stepping on a soapbox. Well forgive me, because I have been carrying around this soapbox and it is begging me to step up.
Women today think that they have to choose. They can either be a SAHM or they can have a career. I think that it is time for women to recognize the third option, which is to have a career while still being a homemaker. Why is this addition important? In my opinion, it is very important for each person (adults and children) to have a place where they can relax and recuperate. It is important for each person to have a home that hugs them when they come in. A place where they are completely at peace, can be themselves and can energize their spirit. Somebody has to create this environment, it does not happen overnight or without effort.
There are many things that go into creating a house a home. I am going to share some of these with you over the next couple of days. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment