Friday, December 17, 2010

Our dirty little secrets.

We all have them.  My dirty secrets hide under my kitchen counters, above my kitchen counters, in the pantry, shoot they even hide in the hall closet.  What I am talking about are those places that never seem to be clean or organized.   

Like this...

I work really hard at keeping the kitchen presentable.  Well, at least 10 minutes to presentable.  I clean as I am cooking or baking, I unload the dishwasher the first chance I have and I have mastered the art of cleaning, disinfecting and shining my counters and sink with a single lemon.  Yet I still have the uncontrollable clutter and chaos living in my cupboards.  

Such as this...


The main reason this drives me crazy is because I spend a lot of time in the kitchen.  I love cooking and baking, however I do not love searching high and low for something that should be in the utensil drawer.  I was also never taught how a workable kitchen should be arranged.  I have learned what is convenient for me, but I am certain there is an easier way.  So I have decided to do something about it...and so begins our next series.

To take my cupboards from this...

To this...

...or something like it.  I am not striving for perfection here, just something manageable that will make my life easier.  

Yes, all these cluttered cupboards are mine, and there will be many more before and after pictures along the way.  Side note: when I opened up the pantry to take the before picture several things came tumbling out, haha, think it is about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment