Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 5

Day 5:
Experiment Details...
This simple experiment has really turned things around in our home! Not watching TV was such an easy transition. Ryan and I made the decision today to sell our TV. This will be especially hard during football season, however, we also decided that when basketball season approaches we will start to save some money for Blazer tickets. I am so excited to remove the temptation of allowing the TV to raise Sam. Part of his bedtime routine was watching his “Good Night Show” on Sprout. This week I have been singing to him while we rock in the recliner. He loves it and I love spending those 3 minutes (or however long he sits still) creating special memories.

Family Fun Project:
Our project today was playing “Band”. I took out several bowls, spoons and some other misc. kitchen stuff and Sam and I went to town. Nana always had a drawer in her kitchen for us to play in, and this is the first time I thought about getting this out for Sam to play with. This is something we will be doing a lot from now on!

Ways I blessed Sam:
Today, Ryan, Sam and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. We recently discovered that Sam will walk next to us for a while so we have been leaving the stroller at home. He has so much more fun exploring this way. The neighbor a few doors down has beautiful flowers lining the sidewalk, today Sam picked one...oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment