Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 3

Day 3:
I realized today that I didn't choose a great week to begin this project. We have so many things going on and so much stress building. Normally in a week like this I would exhaust myself, sit around doing nothing on my free time and every night wish that I had devoted more time to Sam. This week things have been different. Even if I have an extra 10 or 15 minutes I try to think of something fun for Sam. This could be as simple as playing in the pool or pushing him around the living room on his ride-on fire truck.
I had 2 “aha” moments regarding this:
First, the attention span of a one year old is much shorter then 10 minutes. So why do I have this idea that devoting time to Sam will take longer then this?
Second, when I devote time to Sam it renews my energy and brightens my day.
I originally thought that this experiment would be one more thing on my plate that would increase stress and get pushed to the side. Didn't take long for me to change my perspective and realize that this experiment helped relieve stress and make a very busy week manageable.

Experiment Details...

Family Fun Projects:
We made a form for stepping stones, which we are going to make tomorrow. We used wood pieces we had in the garage to make a simple box. Nothing fancy, but will work great to dry cement!

Ways I blessed Sam:
I was only home with Sam for a few hours today. So we made it count by playing catch, chase and going for a short walk.

1 comment:

  1. A few weeks late, oops. I had these written in a folder on my computer but have had limited internet access.

    ReplyDelete