Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Pumpkin Spice Latte

(this makes about 16 ounces, so enjoy it on an evening alone or double it!)

1 cup milk

1 rounded tablespoon of pumpkin pie filling

1 ½ teaspoons vanilla

½ cup coffee

Combine milk, pie filling and vanilla in a small sauce pot. Warm over medium heat while stirring with a whisk. The harder you stir the more air that will be incorporated into the milk. You want the milk nice and foamy. When milk begins steaming add coffee, warm until it is just how you like it. (I like my coffee tepid so I mixed in coffee and then moved it to cup.) Pour into cup. Top with whip cream and some pumpkin pie spice (I didn't have whip cream and couldn't wait, don't worry it still tastes incredible). This took about 2 minutes to do. I have waited much longer in line at Starbucks or Dutch Bros.

Another bonus? This is less fat and sugar then the creamer we normally use. AND I bought organic pumpkin pie filling which consists of pumpkin puree and spices. No fillers, unnecessary sugars, or ingredients we can't pronounce.  

I have pumpkin puree in the freezer that I made a while back, I will let post the variation of using this instead of the pie filling soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment